This year I have been tested, refined, and blessed in so many ways thanks to this blog right here. My blogging journey has been nothing short of eye-opening and amazing as I have been getting more acquainted with different blogs and the bloggers who run them, such as the amazing Davis and the wonderful Rachael who nominated me for the Liebster Award! I couldn’t thank you guys enough for bestowing such recognition upon this blog. I truly am honored!
I do get the pleasure of nominating 11 other bloggers for this award, so please get comfortable and stay tuned because if you are a blogger, your name and blog may be nominated!
So what are the rules?
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the eleven questions your nominator asked in their post.
3. Nominate eleven other bloggers of your choice.
4. Come up with your own eleven questions for your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know that they’ve been chosen!
6. Link back to the person of which nominated you.
Let’s Get Started!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- Despite what it often looks like, my hair is dark brown. Not black. 😛
- I am mixed! Puerto Rican & African-American.
- I have a slight coffee addiction… only a slight one.. ^.^
- If I could sing all day, I would. I love it. But you’ll never get me to do it in front of you because I fear being too loud. >.<
- I barely watch television shows anymore because I get too bored to keep up with them.
- My all time favorite movies are The Devil Wears Prada and Bride Wars.
- I like all types of music… except screamo.
- I played Volleyball for 3 years.
- My first pet was a beta fish I named Freddy.
- I love big dogs!
- I was born with a cleft palate, so I don’t have a uvula.
Questions by Davis:
- What is your ultimate guilty pleasure? The combination of coffee and chocolate.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be, why? Paris, France. I’ve always wanted to have a five-star experience in Paris. Have a nice hotel with a terrace that looks out at the Eiffel tower. Get to eat fine french cuisine, sip latte’s, write, think, and just enjoy the scenery.
- What’s your most embarrassing story? When I was in the third grade, I wore something similar to this: to gym class. Well… that day the gym teacher decided to have all 80 something third grade students in the gym line up in 4 lines of about 20 students each (I am doing my best estimating here… this was forever ago!) facing him. One by one, boy and girl filed in their lines and I found myself in the middle of mine. The gym teacher asked that everyone sit down kriss cross, so we did. After his brief speech about what we were about to do, he asked everyone to stand up. Without knowing I had stepped on my skirt, I sprouted upwards to stand up and my skirt/leggings came right on down. Luckily, I felt the uncomfortable breeze pretty quickly so I hurriedly pulled up my skirt/leggings just after the boy behind me blew an awkward whistle…. That was the last time I wore that skirt/legging to school.
- If you were to start a secondary blog, what would it be about? It would probably be about blogging.
- Have you ever had your writing published, aside from your own blog? Indeed, I have! My first published piece was an article I wrote for a local newspaper I was a contributing writer for.
- Which animal do you most identify with and why? So I actually decided to take an online test for this one and I got a cat… which is weird because I’m actually a dog person??… hmm….
- What is your favourite childhood memory? Growing up, my family took road trips at least every other summer to visit other family members. I’d say those road trips, as uncomfortable as they were sometimes, were definitely the creme de la creme of my childhood.
- What do you find to be the most annoying thing associated with blogging? I think, for me, the most annoying thing associated with blogging is finding time to take pictures. For every one photo I post on this blog, there are 100 more that I have stashed away of the same exact thing. Some are from different angles and viewpoints but all were taken to find that perfect shot! Photography definitely requires well-planned time and it can be stressful to try to conduct a photo shoot when you don’t have a lot of time.
- Is there anything you’d go back and do differently with your blogging journey? If I could go back, I would definitely relax my blind urgency to start the blog. I think if I would have done more research on blogging, I would have had a clearer direction as to what to do from the start rather than figuring all of that out later.
- If you’d have been born in any other time, which would you choose for yourself? To be honest… I really don’t think there is any other time I’d want to be born in.
- With the knowledge and experience you have now, what one thing would you go back and tell yourself as a child? I would tell myself that every mistake I make has already been made by countless others before me, and even alongside me. No one is perfect.
Here are the Nominees…
- Nikki from Nikki Acuna
- Jasmine from Thoughts From Jasmine
- Gaby from Unbothered Style
- Freya from Shout for Joy Blog
- Danielle from Dazzle On
- Alice from Simply Alice
- Kristen from Travels & Treats
- Sydney from Meekly Loving
- Eva from The Charlie Bird
- Cassidy from Cassidy’s Heart
- Melissa from Individually Chic
11 Questions for the Nominees
- Out of all the places you’ve traveled, which place is your favorite?
- What is your blog post writing process like? (Do you have a specific routine or certain things you like to have when you to write?)
- If you could relive one day out of your entire life, what day would it be and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- Do you have a favorite quote or scripture? Do tell(:
- What has been the hardest life lesson you’ve learned yet?
- What music genre/music artist/song(s) are you in love with right now?
- Morning person or Night Owl?
- What is a major pet peeve of yours?
- Your favorite thing about blogging?
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
To Be Continued…
Want the answers? Make sure to check out the pages of the bloggers listed! You are sure to find content related to travel, fashion, self-care, mindfulness, faith, and more goodness. I could not lead you guys astray when it comes to suggesting good blogs to read so believe me when I say you are in for a treat with each and every single one of these(:
Hope you guys enjoy your weekend!