Choosing to get up and drench yourself in sweat is not an easy decision. Excuses tend to abound when a workout seems too draining to endure. “Y’know I’m just not feeling it today” or “I just don’t know if I have the time” tend to be my top two. I’m starting to realize though that lack of workout motivation doesn’t always stem from a loss of focus or even a preference to laziness. It can stem from a loss of purpose.
I don’t always feel unhealthy. It is the lack of feeling unhealthy that can make it so easy to hit the snooze button on getting active. The way I see it though, we are all given two options. We can either make progress or make excuses. This is my attempt at making progress.
I wanted to make a post for the days in which eating potato chips in place of a workout convincingly appears to be a harmless act. If you can’t bare the thought of lifting a weight or doing a squat, but you know deep down that you should do both of those things and more, welcome to your personal “why” board. Here are 15 reasons you should workout today:
- It will make you happier.
- It gives you a chance to vibe out to your favorite jams.
- It gets you [insert workout time here] minutes closer to your ideal body.
- You’ll feel accomplished afterwards.
- Because you’ll feel physically capable of doing anything and everything after.
- It will make you want to go to sleep earlier, which would help to keep you looking young.
- It will shave some stress and anxiety.
- It’ll get your creative juices flowing.
- Afterwards, you’ll be more productive.
- You’ll feel more confident
- It’ll weaken the temptation to eat snacky foods.
- You’ll gain focus
- You’ll regret it if you don’t
- You may delay, but time will not. -Benjamin Franklin
- Doing something to reach your goal is better than doing nothing.